Mikayla is a passionate DIY hobbyist and an avid fan of second-hand shops. She takes pleasure in exploring thrift stores for unique pieces and transforming them into fresh, stunning creations.
Hey there! If you're on the hunt for the best thrift shops in the Philly area, you've come to the right place! As a DIY enthusiast and thrift store lover, I've spent countless hours exploring the second-hand scene in Philadelphia, and I'm excited to share my top recommendations with you.
1. Philly AIDS Thrift: Located in the trendy Queen Village neighborhood, Philly AIDS Thrift is a treasure trove of unique finds. Not only will you discover a wide variety of clothing, accessories, and home goods, but you'll also be supporting a great cause. This nonprofit thrift store donates its proceeds to local organizations fighting HIV/AIDS.
2. Retrospect Vintage: If you're a fan of vintage fashion, Retrospect Vintage is a must-visit. This charming boutique in Old City specializes in carefully curated vintage clothing and accessories from the 1920s to the 1990s. From retro dresses to funky accessories, you're sure to find something that catches your eye.
3. Circle Thrift: With multiple locations in Philadelphia, Circle Thrift is a popular choice among thrift store enthusiasts. Their stores are well-organized and stocked with a wide range of clothing, furniture, and household items. Plus, their prices are affordable, making it a great spot for budget-conscious shoppers.
4. Impact Thrift Stores: Impact Thrift Stores is another fantastic option for thrift shopping in Philly. They have three locations in the area, each offering a vast selection of clothing, furniture, books, and more. With their commitment to sustainability and community impact, shopping at Impact Thrift Stores is a win-win.
5. Philly Aids Thrift @ Giovanni's Room: If you're looking for LGBTQ+ literature, clothing, and accessories, Philly AIDS Thrift @ Giovanni's Room is the place to go. This unique thrift store, located in the heart of the Gayborhood, offers a wide selection of LGBTQ+ books, as well as a curated collection of clothing and accessories.
6. Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles: For those interested in supporting a good cause while shopping, Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles is a must-visit. This nonprofit thrift store supports the work of the African People's Education and Defense Fund. You'll find a mix of vintage and contemporary furniture, as well as home decor items.
So there you have it - my top picks for the best thrift shops in the Philly area. Whether you're looking for vintage fashion, affordable home goods, or unique treasures, these thrift stores have got you covered. Happy thrifting!